Thursday, April 21, 2011

1 month until Ironman Texas!

Super hard to believe it's only 1 month away until I go for my 3rd Ironman....May 21st in The Woodlands, TX.  It's been incredibly (and unseasonably) hot and humid here in Austin and I can imagine it's been a little steamy in Houston as well.
It's a little scary that I haven't ran in 9 weeks time (getting over stress fracture on iliac wing).  Coach Fish and I are making a decision in about a week as to whether or not I'll be running at Ironman Texas.  I am trying as hard as I can to heal this thaaang!  I feel completely amazing all around.....I just can't run!  My legs feel fresh, healthy, and overall my body feels awesome.......it's not overtrained or exhausted and feelin' good!  So, I'm pumped b/c of that, but a little nervous that I haven't been running.  Who knows maybe I'll have the best run of my life out there!  I've done 3 marathons (1 stand alone) and 2 in my Ironman races.  I really hope I get to do #4 in 30 days.  It's all a mind set.....positive thinking here!

I am blessed to have such supportive friends that are constantly checking on me and keeping my spirits high!  It is what it is and I know it could be a lot worse!  I've had a great training season for this IM even though I've been without my running for much of it.  I've made some awesome new friends and have had a blast getting stronger on the bike and in the water (we'll see if that translates to open water)!  I've done some of the hardest swim workouts I've ever done......and they ROCKED!  I've only done a handful of century rides, but I had one of the best 100-milers I've ever had last Saturday.....74 miles of it by myself.  I felt like I was in the "zone" for almost the entire ride.......feeling incredibly powerful, confident, and strong!  I was determined to get in 100 miles in 5 1/2 hours or less.  I took 3 potty breaks, had stoplights, got stuck waiting for a train to go by, and at one point had dogs knipping at my heals (funny story).  I got in 100.2 in 5 1/2 hours!  Big confidence booster!

I'm excited about a few things going into the last 30 days b/f IMTX:
-Getting in another big ride on Saturday with friends
-Running? :)
-Skeese Greets Tri on May 8th (http://www.skeese.com/pages/Info.html)
-More solid swim workouts
-Getting to experience this Ironman with so many awesome friends ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment