Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Back on the wagon!

I told you I was a flip flopper!  I'm so back on the wagon and doing Ironman Texas!!  This of course is all dependent on me being injury free.  I'm still getting over this achilles injury.....no fun.  When I told my mom I had again decided to do the Ironman in Houston (after adamantely telling my family and some friends that there was NO WAY I was doing it) she said I was, "coo coo."  Rooms are booked in the Woodlands and I'm already getting excited about training again.  I am going to ease back into this one though.  I get really excited, go all out way too early on, make dumb mistakes, do stupid stuff, do too much, and then get injured and get pissed off at myself!  I will train smarter this year!  Less quantity, more quality!  Watch me!

On another note, I am pumped about starting a 21-day Get Lean program through Mel's Meals.  I would love to maintain this weight through the holidays and to be honest......maybe even loose a few (5-7 lbs.) by mid-January.  Going into next year's race season a little lighter would make me even happier!  So, we will see how this goes.  I'm a vegetarian and I truly don't feel like I have a balanced diet.  I eat way too many carbs and always seem to be "on the go" so I will be really working on eating more complete proteins and fruits and veggies all day long.  It will be something I've never done so I will definitely be keeping record of how I feel and if I feel like it's making a difference in my performance and daily mood!

No comments:

Post a Comment