Saturday, November 27, 2010

It's been 3 weeks since Ironman Florida..........

It really seems like it's been a lot longer since IMFL.  I've been super busy.  I've enjoyed not having a "schedule" to keep up with in regards to swimming, biking, and running.  I have done some weight lifting and kickboxing (which I love) and have enjoyed my time "off" from being so disciplined with workouts.  I haven't been running at all......and that's been really really tough on me.  This is my time to run......my favorite weather to run in and I can't do it right now b/c I've jacked up my right achilles tendon.

I did something to it early on in the race season and literally completely ignored it.  (Don't do that).  It's swollen, inflamed, stiff, tight, throbbing, and makes me limp and hobble like an old woman first thing in the morning or if I've been sitting down too long.  I've been going to Dr. Laurie Buob the last few weeks and following Dr.'s orders.  She says no running for 8 weeks.........  :(  We think it's achilles tendinitis and / or bursitis.  I am not going to get an MRI b/c it's too damn expensive.  So, gotta rest it, ice it, use foam roller, and just focus on healing. 

I'm not sure if I'll get to do the full marathon in February.  It will all depend on how I feel......and starting off with my goal of not doing too much too soon is what I plan to stay with all year.  So....we will see!

After IMFL I was adamant about not doing Ironman Texas.  I'm being a big time flip flopper......still not sure!  One day it's a yes and the next day it's a oh I don't know.       I feel like I need to focus on other things in life other than training my little hiney off for another full distance Ironman in May.  I am doing the half ironman in April in Galveston, Pflugerville tri, Texas tri series, 70.3 World Championships in Vegas in September, and then finish with another half ironman (Longhorn) in October and I'm really looking forward to ALL of it!  So.....we will see how I feel come 2011.  I'm just gonna go from there!  I don't want to do too much too soon.  I would like to be healthy and perform well at World Championships in Vegas! 

Of course, Tony is supportive either way in regards to me doing Ironman Texas!  He hears me out and finishes with I know you'll make the right decision.  :)  He's good like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment