Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Mel's meals "Get Lean" 3-week challenge

MEL'S MEALS 3-week challenge (Challenge #1 in Dec. 2010, Challenge #2 in Jan. 2011)!

I am trying a 3 week meal plan program through Mel's meals (http://www.melsmealsaustin.com/). She offers pre-packaged healthy meals to go. The 3 week program incorporates lean proteins, complex carbohydrates, and heart-protective fats and each plan is catered towards your needs / goals. I am super pumped b/c I've never done anything like this. It will allow me to eat a more balanced diet and eat healthier snacks throughout the day. I skip meals all the time b/c I feel like I'm "on the go" a lot with my workouts, training, kids, L'Bri shows, appts., errands, etc. I thought I'd give it a go! Here are my initial goals: eat a more balanced diet with complete proteins and "good carbs", eat more fruits and veggies throughout the day, maintain my current weight throughout the holiday season. And.....try to slowly drop 5-7 lbs. by mid-late January.......and maybe get a 4-pack instead of just my little 2-pack! It would also be nice to start off next year's race season a little lighter! Most importantly, I want to be fueling my body with the right foods......so I can feel good, be strong, and powerful with lots of energy.....in everything I do throughout the day (especially when I'm running around with my kids)! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment