Saturday, April 3, 2010

Back to thinking about Racing

Ok it's time to put the racing mind set back into place! 
I decided to start swimming with T3 this year to give me some more consistent time in the water.  I've been to several practice and really love the structured swim time and getting outside to swim.  If I am swimming at LifeTime we are still inside and it's nice to be outdoors even if it's a little on the chilly side b/c the pool at Lost Creek is heated and it's very refreshing.  The pool closed for a couple weeks for pool resurfacing so back to the cold indoor pool I go for a bit! 

UPCOMING RACES:
I have signed up for the Texas Tri series again and hope to do even better this year!  I got 1st in my age group last year (30-34) and 3rd female overall.  :)  That was fun!  I had planned on starting out the year with my half ironman in Galveston, but won't be doing that (that story to come in a little bit) and then follow up with The Rookie sprint (May 9th), Skeese Greets (May 16th) and then into the rest of the summer with the Texas tri series, bike time trials, and splash and dash series.  I might also do a duathlon this year (it's been 2 years).....I did a small small duathlon and the Darndst Du (one of the hotest, hardest races ever) in 2007.  I will probably get in at least one more sprint before Avia Olympic, Longhorn half and then the biggen.......Ironman Florida!!! 

NO 70.3 in Galveston  :(
So I had a little spill on the bike a couple weeks ago.  I was completely distracted on a ride out to Buda one Friday afternoon heading back into town.  With plenty of time and notice Dave told me to slow down and I freaked.  I slammed on my brakes (yes front brake too) and it flung me UP and OVER the handlebars.  Good times!  I got all cleaned up and decided to get back on the bike and ride home (painful)!  2 days later I found out I had separated my shoulder.......the clavicle and scapula had been separated from each other.  I didn't have any range of motion with my right arm for at least a good 6 days.  I kept my right arm close to my body and tried to make the best of it.  I still taught my cycle classes but had to sub out my FIT classes for 2 weeks (thanks Lateef)!  Hopefully I'll be back next week teaching (with light weights).  Dr. Todd and Laura Whipple are doing the physical therapy and I am feeling much better 2 weeks out now.  I hope to be back within a couple weeks.  I hopped on the bike today and did a very light ride and light run with a couple of the skeese greets team and it felt ok.  I know I can't swim and think that will be at least 2 weeks before I get in the water again.  It's been hard but I know this is sooooo good for my body.  I needed this time off and feel like I will come back stronger.  Good news is that I haven't had my glute issue (until today)!  It was good while it lasted.  :)

EASTER SUNDAY TOMORROW!
Tomorrow is Easter Sunday!  Kids are excited about the Easter bunny.  I hope to get in a nice ride tomorrow and longer run!  We will see how the shoulder is feeling.  I did some light weights for rehab on Friday and can feel it on my shoulder now.  It's tender and sore, but know that it's right where it should be!

No comments:

Post a Comment